Monday, May 8, 2017

My Other Creations: Cubicle Notebook

"It's a Frame Up" is this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme, so I used a die with a square frame cut-out to make this notebook.  It pays homage to those who spend their 9 to 5 in the confines of the cube farm.




The die that I used for the notebook itself is awesomely big: it cuts pages that are 5.5" x 8.5".  But be forewarned!  This die is just a tad too wide to fit into the Sizzix Big Shot.  It will work beautifully, however, with any bigger die-cutting machine like the Sizzix Big Shot Pro or the Sizzix Big Shot Plus.  It's a magnetic "movers and shapers" style of die so that you can cut it with or without the square hole (the square is an optional magnetic insert).  There's also a tab shape included and a 3-hole-punch bar so you can add holes along the spine if you choose to.  I decided to use the Cinch tool on this instead.

The cover is made with Tim Hotz's Trellis die in the background and I added some paperclips to give it that cubicle vibe I was going for.  The flowers are from a punch and the letters are Tim Holtz's Label Letters.  When you open the cover, this is the page that was peeking through the cover.  It's a collage of paint and washi tape.



I've worked some mind-numbing desk jobs in my day, so I think that alibi sentiment stamp from Impression Obsession could not be more fitting.

To all of you cube-dwellers who sit between four gray carpeted walls counting down the minutes until 5:00 pm, just remember that at least you're establishing a sound alibi while you're there.

Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:




I'm excited to see how you interpret our frame theme this week.  Be sure to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.



17 comments:

  1. what a unique concept Andrea...yes it is a wonderful artistic tribute indeed!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Andrea! the colours and details are fabulous! how you used the paper clips is an inspiration! Brilliant!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked in those ugly, stifling cubicles for years. Thank you for this, it is wonderful. I love the inside page, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Andrea! The blues are so pretty and the way you used the paper clips, so original. Love it!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cube farm?! Perhaps a new version of Animal Farm? Love your take with this! Lucky me to have escaped the cube farm for the most part! The deep blues are awesome, and love the scattering of paper clips. At least if you had this in your cube to keep notes in, life would be brighter, and your alibi set! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my project :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! The deep dark blue is so magnetic here on the texture you made. Great project. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  8. just fabulous Andrea!! I am loving that deep blue paint.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool notebook! Love how you incorporated the paperclips!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cubicle Notebook love the mix media effect super cute. The deep blue just beatifull.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this so much Andrea. That blue is like magic! Hope you are okay with me highlighting this on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun project Andrea! And an awesome theme. The deep blue is lovely and I really like the paper clips built into the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. another fun project Andrea...love how you used the paper clips to add texture...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fun project, Andrea and I love the richness of the colours you've used ~ the deep blue is stunning and all the little details you've added are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fantastic project of yours! Love your creative way to use color and different surfaces! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the beautiful colors and the texture on this project, Andrea. Such a great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This blue is fantastic! love love love, together Andrea's palette is incredible, your project is so vivid! As always absolutely beautiful and original! barbara

    ReplyDelete