Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Cards and Tags: Hello Sunshine

Even though my mailman (or is "mail carrier" the politically savvy term these days?) seems to enjoy smashing as many things as possible into my mailbox, I have been anxiously awaiting his arrival to bring me some goodies from Simon Says Stamp's new Splash of Color release.  And once I used a crowbar to remove my items from the mailbox, I was not disappointed!  Here's the Hello Sunshine tag I created with my new Simon Says Stamp treasures:


I made this tag using the SSS Hello Sunshine Frame die, which is adorable!  I liked how I had a leftover "sunshine" word strip to use for another project after I cut out the frame.  And this frame also comes with a sun shape, too.  Here's a picture of the products used (postal crunching of packaging included):


For the scalloped edges at the bottom of my tag, I used the SSS Border Waves die set, which is so versatile.  I attached it all to a big tag die from Mama Elephant's Tags a Lot set.  I used some scrap paper I had from My Mind's Eye, Crate Paper and Prima, and added a swirl to the top made from the My Favorite Things Scribbles die.  My Big Shot got a workout and I still really love using these thin wafer dies with the Genius Platform from Lifestyle Crafts.  I also whipped out my old reliable Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch to add some flowers.  Before assembling, I did some outlining with a black Sharpie pen (my new favorite type of pen) and smudged on some of that gorgeous new Mint Candy ink.

Although some husbands out there may disagree, it's always a good time to check out what's new at Simon Says Stamp and spend some moo-lah on those must-have's for Summer!  Remember: we are not hoarders.  We are artists!  ;)