Sunday, June 14, 2015

My Cards and Tags: Cupcake Tag

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is all about paste!  I had cupcakes on the brain, so I decided to use modeling paste to create some faux frosting for the cupcake on my tag:


To make my "frosting," I stirred a dab of modeling paste with some Spun Sugar Distress Paint (about a 3 to 1 paste to paint ratio).  It made the paste slightly more runny and it was easy to spread onto my die-cut shape with a plastic knife.  When it was dry, I used a sponge to smear on some Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to give it some shading.


I added some lime green enamel dots to replicate sprinkles and topped it with a flower.  I used foam dots to pop it out from my tag just a bit.  You also may note that I used the ice cream cone scoop die for my cupcake top instead of the cupcake die.  I liked the different look that it gave it.

Here are the products I used to make my tag, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I'm anxious to see the many ways you interpret our theme and use paste in your creations.  Upload your work to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and you'll not only inspire us, but will be automatically entered into the drawing for a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Store!
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/