Sunday, February 8, 2015

My Cards and Tags: "Where My Heart Is" Valentine

I have to admit: Valentine's Day has never been my super-favorite holiday.  You don't get work off for it and when I was in elementary school, the distribution of valentines cards always brought heavy drama-rama!  As I got older, it was nothing more than "Singles Awareness Day."  I was pretty sure there weren't any farm boys named Wesley running around waiting to say, "As you wish," to me.  Luckily, I did find my Prince Charming, but even if I hadn't, Valentine's Day is still a good chance to express love and appreciation for all of the people who matter to us.  And if that doesn't work, then hey- it's a good day to eat chocolate.  So in the end, I was able to come up with a card for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme of "Red and Pink."


To make this little card, I started by heat-embossing a button card stamp from PaperArtsy and painted in the buttons with watercolors.  I replaced one of the buttons with a heart that I punched out of a Sizzix thinlits die.  The background layer is made from the same thinlits die that cuts out heart shapes.  The fabulous sentiment is from My Favorite Things and I ended it with a strip of Washi and a Tim Holtz arrow.  The paper is from We R Memory Keepers.

Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I wish all of you the happiest of Valentine's Days this week, or just a Happy Saturday if all else fails.  If you are feeling lonely or bored, why not try your hand at our challenge?  Upload your red and/or pink creation to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and you're automatically entered for a $50 voucher for the Simon Says Stamp store.  Wouldn't we all LOVE free crafting money (see what I did there?) 


http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/